Having problems selling your home? We at Cypress Homes know that staging your home can be a difficult task. It goes well beyond just cleaning and making it look presentable. You need to make it look bigger, brighter, and a home that potential buyers could see themselves in. Here are a few tips that will make your home irresistible:
1. Purchase certain accessories that will make your home look newer. Buying things such as plants, mirrors, pictures, pillows, lamps, and other odds and ends will make your home look more cozy and natural rather than meticulously clean. These small purchases pay off in the long run.
2. Don’t let your home look too cluttered, its all about making it look open and big. The illusion of a larger house is what draws buyers in, therefore store or move out any unnecessary items that make your home look cluttered.
3. The smell of your home is a major factor in determining whether people are instantly attracted to your home. Candles and air fresheners can go a long way, just don’t make it too overpowering.
4. Bring light in. Open windows, curtains, and blinds; whatever it takes to make your home seem light, bright, and airy.
5. Replace deteriorating wallpaper. Potential buyers do not want to have to purchase a home and then have to spend tedious hours replacing wallpaper. Also, if your house is painted in bright, vibrant colors we suggest changing them to a more neutral tone. Color is always a good thing, but everyone has their own preferences and buyers may be turned off by your color choices.
6. The exterior is just as important as the interior, therefore pay close attention to any upkeep that needs to occur outside. Mow the lawn, add flowers and shrubbery, and add fresh mulch to flower beds. Studies have shown that the best color to use when planting is yellow. This color makes people feel at ease, and that is exactly the way you want them to feel when they’re walking into your home for the first time.
Categorised in: Home Tips
This post was written by Greg Drusch